The pursuit of happiness




Beginning this journey in the mid 2000’s I wondered how I was going to combine my education and experience in a way that I could help as many people as possible.  Over my years of working with clients in Tokyo, across New Zealand and Australia with healing, relaxation, stress relief and teaching Reiki I have asked, what brought you here?  Breaking it down to the basics every person is seeking a sense of happiness.  A theme that Martin Seligman of the University of Pennsylvania identified in his book Flourish.  After years as a clinical psychologist he too realised that most people are seeking a sense of happiness outside of the satisfaction that they got from their current situation.

My personal journey has brought me to the notion of helping healthy people be happy.  While all my clients had a sense of satisfaction about their life they all said they were looking for something else, something more than what they already had. One such experience was a client who came to me for relaxation therapy (reiki), in time she came to realise she got a sense of happiness from the stroll along the beach before getting on a crowded tram, in hindsight she had a natural appreciation of beauty and excellence which she embraced to enhance her sense of happiness. 
It may only be something small which brings us a sense of happiness.

Take the test and learn your character strengths, http://Coastline.pro.viasurvey.org

Available in person at or via skype.

Call 0279451549 to book your consultation today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction

Keep it Simple

Changes in coaching